SEX, DRUGS, AND MURDER IN
THE LAND OF THE LOTUS EATERS
Anita Carbone was a good girl—and it bored her.
That’s why she took the long subway ride down to Greenwich Village, home of the Beats and the stoners, home to every kind of misfit and dropout and free spirit you could imagine. It was where she met Joe Milani, the troubled young war veteran with the gentle touch. But it was also where she met his drug-dealing roommate—a man whose unnatural appetites led to murder.
- First publication in almost 50 years!
- First publication ever under Block’s real name
- New York Times bestselling author
- Mystery Writers of America Grandmaster
- Publishers Weekly on A DIET OF TREACLE: “A potboiler morality play at its finest. [it] will give readers the delicious (and all-too-rare) feeling that anything could happen.”
Acclaim for the work of Lawrence Block.
“Exceptional. A whale of a knockout punch to the solar plexus.” — The New York Daily News
“Block is awfully good, with an ear for dialogue, an eye for lowlife types and a gift [for] storytelling.” — Los Angeles Times
“Lawrence Block is finally getting the attention he deserved.” — Chicago Tribune