Phase 3 hCG Diet Food List: Free List of 148 foods you can eat during P3 of the HCG Protocol (Plus 67 foods to avoid)
Are you on your Phase 3 aka stabilization stage or almost getting there?
The one thing you NEED to do in P3?
NO STARCH, NO SUGAR, NO CHEATING.
4 BASIC RULES FOR PHASE 3
- For 3 weeks following Phase 2, do not eat sugars or starches
- Keep your weight within 2 lbs* of your LDW
- If your weight goes above this, do a Steak Day
- If your weight goes above the 2lb window, start the three week P3 period over again.
For a more guided P3, here’s a FREE P3 Foods List for ya! Know what’s SAFE, ‘MAYBE’ and NON-P3 Foods in this quick guide.
SAFE PHASE 3 FOODS
ALTERNATIVE BAKING INGREDIENTS
- Baking Soda
- Cacao Nibs
- Cocoa Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flour
- Flaxseed Meal
- Hemp seeds/hearts
- Pumpkin Seeds (grind for flour)
- Sunflower seeds (same)
- Unsweetened Dark Chocolate
- Erythritol based sweeteners like:
- Swerve OR Truvia
- Splenda/Sucralose (although I have a personal thing against this sweetener).
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Sunflower oil
- Pretty much any healthy oil or fat.
Be more careful of pre-made/ processed meats – check labels for starch/sugar content.
- Fish, ie:
- Protein Powders low in carbs
My suggestion? Go on Amazon.com and look up the reviews for these various brands and then try one out.
- All-Pro Science Grass Fed
- Bulletproof Upgraded
- Jay Robb
- Julian Bakery (Rayzel’s fav)
- Organic Whey
- Primal Fuel
- Raw Organic Whey
- Reserveage Organics – Grassfed
- Tera’s Whey Grass Fed Organic
To search for another brand look for sprouted/fermented rice or pea protein bases.
- Coconut Milk, unsweetened, flavored
- Hemp Milk, unsweetened, flavored
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bean Sprouts
- Bell pepper
- Bok Choy
- Brussels Sprouts
- Carrots, raw
- Celery Root (Celeriac)
- Collard Greens
- Crooked Neck Squash
- Green Beans
- Green onions
- Hot peppers
- Mustard Greens
- Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- Spaghetti squash
- Summer Squash
MAYBE PHASE 3 FOODS
MAIN FOOD “GROUPS” ON THE MAYBE LIST:
- Higher sugar fruits
- Complex carb level vegetables
WHAT “MAYBE” MEANS is that some find they can eat these foods during Phase 3 & have no issues. Others find that some of the foods on this list are “problem” foods during Phase 3, causing them gains- usually do either to the starch/sugar content being a little too high, an undiscovered sensitivity to that food, or probably most frequently, overconsumption- things like dairy & nuts are very calorie dense & quite frankly, are just so easy to overeat, myself included!
Keep in mind it’s often the AMOUNT of these foods you eat that actually make the difference between not tolerating it and tolerating it as well when it comes to weight gain.
Please note too however that those who find they need to avoid these foods in P3, often find they can gradually incorporate them in P4 once their body is stabilized.
*Dr. Simeons said that if one was SUPER strict about no starches or sugars that a person could have an occasional glass of wine.