Sonic Cherry Limeade Copycat Recipe
New York is cool. I mean, NYC is really cool (obviously!) but NY in general is cool. I live in Western NY and we love it here. It’s temporary until my husband finishes dental school but for now, we love it. One thing Western NY is seriously lacking is some decent fast food. I mean there is Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds, what have you; but I miss Arizona’s fast food options terribly. That sounds bad, but I do. 😉
Sonic is one of my favorites. Their food is okay but their drinks and treats are bomb. Nothing like an ice cold, happy hour, half priced Sonic beverage. This is kind of ridiculous how seriously bad I miss Sonic drinks (especially in the summer!), but it’s true. What’s a girl to do?
Well, I’m a DIY girl and I decided to take matters into my own hands. Instead of driving 2-3 hours to the nearest Sonic, I scoured the internet for a copycat and tweaked it until it was perfect. In my most humble opinion, I nailed it.
The Sonic Cherry Limeade copycat recipe is born. Oh, it’s the easiest thing ever. You’re welcome.
- 1 2 liter of Sprite (or Diet Sprite if you want!)
- 1 12 oz frozen limeade from concentrate – I used Minute Maid. Not sure if the brand choice would change the taste but Minute Maid was perfect.
- 1 small jar of maraschino cherries
- In a large pitcher, combine Sprite, frozen limeade and the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including the syrup).
- Mix slowly so your Sprite doesn’t go flat.
- Pour over ice and add a wedge of lime (optional but awesome)
This drink is perfection. You will love it.
Looking for more Sonic Copycat Recipes? Try this amazing Sonic Ocean Water Copycat Recipe!